Please note: We will post letters every Monday as we get them. I also have it set up where I have to approve comments and messages before they are posted---If you would like to leave a message here for her, but do not want it to be posted, just let me know that you do not want it to be public whe you send your message. Thank you!

Monday, June 23, 2008

Letter from 6.23.08

Hey there family-

Ok I know that you all would like a personal e-mail, but I have only 30 minutes to write so if there is something that you want answer understand the whole family will see it or i can write you a letter.

I would love to hear from Johne, but I cannot write back to him so I think that I will have to attach a letter to you guys or write him a letter and mail it to you mom and dad.

Y'all want to know what has been happening here. Rain. No, really, there has been a lot of rain. Sister Mecham and I won a competition to see who can get the most new investigators. Wow writing that out makes it sound bad, but we are moving the work forward. We had 6 new investigators, but I think the Lord gave us that awesome experience so that we could know what He really wants us to focus on this transfer.

This week has been very interesting. All but 2 I think have dropped us or we have dropped them. That was a little discouraging, but there is some light. We have three solid investigators that are men that are wanting more from this life. George is married to a woman that was baptized last transfer. He has seen the change that has occurred in her life and wants to know more. Mike is engaged to a less active member. There has been missionaries that have tried to teach him before, but he didn't go very far. After he learned that he could be sealed to his family forever he got interested again. Nick is a guy that has been through everything that you could think of since he started to hear the lessons, but he feels good when he comes to church and when we teach him. I also think that he wants the best for his boys.

Dad we were tracting yesterday and we came across a man that was watching the race. He was a total Nascar fan. Flags of Casey Kane and old posters of Dale. It was cool.

We have a car that we use here. If we didn't we would not be able to get to half of our area. I don't know how big it is mile wise, but it is big and the houses in some of the towns are very spread out. We have a branch here in Newport. I think that we get about 60 people to church. They are awesome here. The branch mission president Brother Hewnis make sure that we are fed every Sunday. Brother and Sister Dow are like our parents, and the Raats love to spoil us with gifts.

I don't know if you received this information, but if you send a package to the mission home I will not get it until Zone Conference. So send it to my address in Maine. 190 Elm St. Newport, Me 04953. I think that I will be here for at least another transfer, but you never know. transfer is in the middle of the July.

I love you all and hope that you are doing well. I love it out here and love to serving the Lord.

- Sister Foy

No comments: