Hey family,
Sounds like you had a very interesting week. Ok you wanted me to answer questions. Yes I voted and got it in on time. I heard while we were out tracting about the ACLU going after the church, because some of our members in California were going around talking to people about the gay marriage proposition. I think that they should just build a bridge and get over it. But hey that us just me.
You wanted to know about my companion. Yes when I came to Gloucester I got a new comp. Her name is Sister Fox. She is from Magna, Utah. She will be going home next week, so I will be getting a new comp next Tuesday. She is sweet, but a complete stress case about going home. She has said many times a big factor for her coming out on her mission was to get a way from her parents and she is afraid that she will fall back into the same old patterns again. She has gotten some good advice from very wise people on going home, so I think she will do just fine. Thank you for allowing me to grow up and dealing with it very well!
We had zone conference this week. Yeah...so we were an hour late. There is a difference between Farmington and Farmingdale, Maine and it is about and hours drive. The rest I really don't want to go into detail.
Ohhh I almost forgot. So last weekend Bill and the kids had their baptismal interview and past. So this past Saturday I was able to stand font side like a proud Momma while all three were baptized. We had our golden investigator Rachel there with her three daughters. She was a little afraid of the water and full immersion thing, but after she was able to witness one herself she has set a date of Nov.29. Her two older daughters are old enough to be baptized and are planing on being baptized with her. I can only see the estranged husband putting a monkey wrench in the whole thing, but we have to see what happens.
All I am doing here it seems is baptizing my teaching pool or letting people go, so we are going to have to find some more people to teach. Ok tracting here I come.
We were out tracting last night and I could see into someones window that they were watching the Nascar race and I could tell that they were at either Phoenix or Lowes because it was a night race. GO JIMMIE! I don't have my investigator that loves Nascar here like I did in Newport to keep me as updated as I was there.
I love you and miss you bunches,
Sister Foy
Monday, November 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment