Please note: We will post letters every Monday as we get them. I also have it set up where I have to approve comments and messages before they are posted---If you would like to leave a message here for her, but do not want it to be posted, just let me know that you do not want it to be public whe you send your message. Thank you!

Monday, December 1, 2008

Letter from 12.1.08

Hey family:

The week has been a long but an awesome one. Saturday Rachel, Mackenzie and Isabel were baptized. I was really amazing to watch them enter the waters of baptism and change their eternities. The girls were so excited to be baptized and were a little hipper before the meeting started, but they settled right down as soon as the meeting started. This makes the second family that has been baptized in the month of November into the Georgetown ward. before bill and the kids there had not been a family baptized into the ward in 12 years. I think that that is really amazing that the Lord would bless this ward at this time with 2 families that are so solid. I have to tell you that our teaching pool is now as dry as the Sahara desert. I guess that is what happens when they get baptized:). We are out finding most of our days, it can be difficult to get motivated when it is freezing outside, but we do it anyway. the Lord always gives you a trial of your faith before he blesses you. our trial this we happened on Tuesday. We had what I call Hurricane Gloucester come through. The winds were really strong. At times we could hardly walk forward, because the wind was so bad. The rain on top of that just made it funny. I was able to use my new boots so my feet were nice and toasty. The only casualty was my poor umbrella. It hasn't been the same since then. we came in for lunch completely drenched, but the whole time we were out there we were laughing. Later that night after the hurricane blew through we went finding and found our first potential investigator! Oh how the Lord blesses us for our diligence. (or stupidity, you can choose which) Thanksgiving was great. The turkey was a success! We went to the Tew home for dinner and had some really great food. We finally got a ward mission leader! Now I bet the work will pick up!

I love you all and wish you the best,

Sister Foy

No comments: